Tuesday, July 21, 2015

As Realistic as I was before...

Its been awhile since I wrote...6 years or so.  Had to stop because rules and regs of the wall street firm I worked for didn't allow me to have an opinion, other than that of the firms...at least not one that we could express.  So now that I am unencumbered by that restriction, I am back.

So much has happened since the crazy days of Bear Sterns, Lehman Bros, AIG, Bernie Madoff, the Iraq War, $150 oil, $1,900 gold, first Black president, GM bailout, couple of major US cities declaring bankruptcy, and I almost forgot about those "save the world" emergency 0% interest rates. Where are those interest rates now?

God bless the FED.  What was that for again?!?  Who were they helping?  Which socio economic class was the government aiding & abetting?   Capitalism's 'invisible hand' doing what it does best?  Greece is going bankrupt again...Puerto Rico declared it can't payback its debts and student loans are heading for disaster as nearly 65% are delinquent.  Jeez things have changed...Naht.

Give me some 100x revenue technology cloud visionary delusionary valuations and I will feel right at home. FitBit, GoPro, Tesla, any number of cyber security plays, or drone dreams, solar silliness, and how could I forget BIOTECH.  Holy wow!

All I hope is that these drug companies have what they say they have & can keep me alive forever in no pain.  problem is, most of the breakthrough drugs will keep us alive way longer then we want or is necessary.  There is a cost benefit analysis even when it is about living.

I am happy to be able to write again as we head towards another historic presidential election.  After the black president experiment, it seems like we are headed back to the WASP standard bearer.  We may even get the dynasty family thing going on in the greatest democracy in the world.  Sure we have open and free elections...which are bought and controlled by the elite monied aristocrat class, I know there is a name for that but it escapes me?!  Still should be quite the media circus, lets all hope we pick the right guy or girl this time?

I will do my best to inform and entertain...kind of like Cramer.  Looking forward to what this crazy world has in store for us...never a dull moment.

No comments: