Sunday, September 07, 2003

AND YOU THOUGHT I WAS NEGATIVE

its hard for me to find people in my world that are as concerned about the furture as i am. most of my blogs have a kind of negative skew. most of my near and intermediate forecasts about the economy are bearish. most of my opinions about our government policies are critical and skeptical. and most of my general evaluations about the state of our society are less than complimentary.

in order to feed my need for realism about what is actually going on around me, i seek out others who are not fooled by the rhetoric, propaganda and outright lies from popular press, respected pundits and elected officials. some of my favorite realists include sir john templeton, stephen roach, richard russel, and bill fleckenstien. i enjoy jim grant, barton biggs, bill gross and robert prechter is my hero.

i also like reading marc fabers commentary on the state of the world. his website has a catchy name... www.gloomboomdoom.com. perfect for the ultimate pessimist. and his latest piece is pretty grim. he basically compares the iraq war to frances conflict with algeria in the 1950's and israels conflict with lebanon in the 1980's. he makes a brief mention of the US conflict in vietnam, but suffice to say, he's not too upbeat about the prospects for democracy speading in the middle east. or for that matter global peace and prosperity. he clearly labels the iraq situation as a guerrilla war that will end in defeat for the US & coalition forces and believes it will have dire consequences for the US financially and geo-politically.

i highly recommend the site for all who want some balance in what they read and hear about the state of the world. we are very fortunate to live in this country and to have the freedom and prosperity it affords us. yet to live in a fabricated, media coordinated world where our society hopes its way to the next generation is crazy. we all need balance in our understanding of what is going on in the world and our country in order to be able to live our lives realistically. faber brings reality to a new level.

have a grateful day!

larry

No comments: